Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sunday Morning Respite


It has been a very busy week for me and I am looking forward to some down-time today. I was up at the crack of dawn, poured my morning coffee, then headed to my backyard. The first thing to assail my senses was the sweet smell of my honeysuckle bush climbing up the trellis by my patio, followed by the perfume of my datura. As daylight arrived the two hummingbirds dive-bombed their way to my raspberry delight salvia and goldfinches attacked the feeder hanging in my neighbors yard. A squirrel ran across the top of my fence and leaped in the aspen tree. Sometimes it's hard for me to believe I live in the middle of a huge subdivision when I am surrounded by so much nature.

2 comments:

  1. Peggy, Idaho looks lovely. Michael and I want to move there someday. We decided that even before we ever visited the place,which we plan to do someday! Glad to see your representin'. Your pond is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Laura. Idaho is wonderful place to live, play, and garden.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments!

Voting